Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kausar007
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Sense Authentication via username/password

Hi Guys,

I just installed Qlik Sense enterprise and I am able to login via https://localhost/qmc. However I don't want to use the default Windows authentication. Can somebody please share how to enable username/password based authentication?

Thanks,

Kausar

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rohitk1609
Master
Master

HI Kauser,

Go to QMC, Open virtual proxy, then WINDOWS AUTHENTICATION PATTERN and write, FORMS instead of WINDOWS, it will work as you want, when your user will hit the HUB or QMC link, it will ask the user name and password.

Please use user name with domain as domain\username.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Rohit Kumar

View solution in original post

12 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

I need more information.  I am not sure what you are trying to do?  Are you saying that you want a Qlik login instead of a Windows login?

kausar007
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Mark,

I just did a new installation of Qlik Sense Enterprise. My teammates would want to login to the "hub" and create projects, dashboard etc. Admins will also need to login to "qmc" to do the admin work. So now when these users hit the URL, for example https://myqlikserver.com/hub or https://myqlikserver.com/qmc, I want the initial page to be login page if the user is not already logged in. So they can enter their username and password and log in. But I think Qlik sense is using Windows integrated authentication which automatically tries to log them in using their Windows credentials and fails as their laptops and the server are not on the same domain i.e SERVER/kausar is different from WIN-XXXXXX/kausar. So my question is "Is there a way to configure this, so we can use username and passwords with Qlik Sense Enterprise?"

Regards,

Kausar

rohitk1609
Master
Master

HI Kauser,

Go to QMC, Open virtual proxy, then WINDOWS AUTHENTICATION PATTERN and write, FORMS instead of WINDOWS, it will work as you want, when your user will hit the HUB or QMC link, it will ask the user name and password.

Please use user name with domain as domain\username.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Rohit Kumar

kausar007
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Rohit. This is the correct answer.

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Your welcome. Please keep posting your concerns.Happy to help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Kumar ,

i have the same issue , and i did exactly like what you said , but now am not able to login to QMC because its

asking for domain\username and its not accepting any username even the administrator

for example : domain name : main.local

user name : administrator

so just am entering : main.local\administrator

and password but still showing (the following user is not authenticated , so do you have any idea about that?

Best Regards

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Ideally, It should get you logged in with domain\username, See Qlik has nothing to do with Authentication. Qlik only do authorization. So I have faced the similar issue earlier, you may contact to your network team and say domain\username is not working, they will help you

Anonymous
Not applicable

i understand that but as you said there is nothing to change in QMC , i mean by standard it should work ,is it right ?

thanks for your help ...

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Ideally it should work sir. See Qlik Can't restrict any user for password because it never save any password. Qlik only do autherization that it