Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

How to use AddressPointLookup in GeoAnalytics?

Hi,

I started using GeoAnalytics, I found interesting with Address Point Lookup in geo analytics. I read from this page Idevio GeoAnalytics Reference

I really wanted to see any tutorials or document related to this feature, Since I could not able to understand how to specify the Address Table or Parameter. I am continuously getting an error like "You are not allowed to use the INLINE dataset type: Key not found" after every attempt I do. It doesn't make any sense to me.

In addition, I wanted to clarify my understanding about this feature available in GeoAnalytics,

It can generate Geo-points or Area for the Geo-name in our table,

Geo-Analytics need more details such as country, state, postal code details in order to get accurate Lat, Long.

Sharing any documentation or tutorial to understand regarding this feature is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mohan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Mohan,

Yes, the AddressPointLookup is for converting address information to coordinates.

AddressPointLookup is part of Qlik Geocoding which hasn't been released yet.

Thanks,

Patric Nordström

Qlik

View solution in original post

8 Replies
mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hello,

After sitting on this issue for long, I can understand that AddressPointLookup is useful when we deal with high granularity data. i.e, door no., street name, city, state, country. The match is measured using threshold which is measured in value lies between 0 to 1.

By default, we set threshold as 0.5, match below 0.5 will be neglected.

Please correct me if you find my understanding was wrong. Also, I request the GeoAnalytics experts to give their valuable inputs in this thread.

Mohan

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Mohan,

Yes, the AddressPointLookup is for converting address information to coordinates.

AddressPointLookup is part of Qlik Geocoding which hasn't been released yet.

Thanks,

Patric Nordström

Qlik

mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Patric,

Thank you for your comments. I think, it clarification is clear now. Any tentative announcement date regarding when we can use this feature?

Regards,

Mohan.

shahrinshafiq
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello Patric,

Has the AddressPointLookup feature for converting address information to coordinates released yet? if so, it would be very helpful if I can get to see any tutorial or document related to this feature.

Thanks,

Shahrin

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Shahrin, not yet, hopefully in the beginning of next year.

Thanks,

Patric

shahrinshafiq
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Patric, thanks for your response. My client requires me to plot street level addresses. I am told - “addresses and zip get passed to Qlik in a batch anytime the app is reloaded and then the Qlik Service returns Lat and Long so that it can be plotted as a point.” According to you this service is not currently available. Am I reading that right?

What is the work around you recommend since I have to work on it in next couple of weeks. I am thinking sending Qlik the street addresses in a batch file nightly via FTP/google drive sync etc. and request them to send me back the long and lat data.

Is there any  other way you can think of I can fulfill my requirement using Qlik GeoAnalytics? Also , it would be helpful if you could refer me to any documentations on the upcoming load time long/Lat look up from  given street addresses.

Thank you for your time and help. I appreciated.

Have a nice weekend.

Thanks,

Shahrin

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Shahrin,

The built in location database of QGA consist today of approx 6.1 M worldwide points and area features, the resolution is at best for runtime lookups populated place or zip code center point. More info at Qlik GeoAnalytics Coverage

The Qlik Geocoding, when released, is add-on will provide street level lookups in batch. Until then I can recommend using 3rd party geocoding providers, many have REST APIs that can be integrated in the load script.

Thanks,

Patric

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Mohan,

Qlik Geocoding has been released, please ask your local Qlik Sales rep for a quote.

Thanks,

Patric