Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

How to plot area chart only using Postal code?

Dear Experts,

I am finding any possibility to plot an area chart using GeoAnalytics using Postal Code. Sadly, I have only City name and postal code. City name data is not so clean i.e, lots of Mis-spelled city name in my data, unlike this Postal code looks good in my data and pre-processable. So I am looking for alternative way to plot area chart using the  Postal code.

I tried using default area chart available in extension tab, Nothing visible in the chart

Please give your valuable inputs. Thanks in advance

Regards,

Mohan.

5 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Mohan,

Yes, postal code can be used to plot areas and points, but the overage, see this document for more information.

Qlik GeoAnalytics Coverage

In general there are more zip code points than areas.

When using postal code, use location options to set country and type or embed the info in the location string:

= postal_code & ',' & country_code & ':XPC'

Thanks,

Patric Nordström

Qlik

mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hello Patric Nordstrom,

Thanks for your time.

I couldn't find GeoAnalytics Coverage in my connector, please help me to find that feature in my desktop. Also, it will great if you share any example app which will be very useful to understand the feature.

Thank you,

Mohan.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Explore the "Load" and the "NamedAreaLookup" QGA connector operations, documentation and examples are here:

https://bi.idevio.com/geoanalytics/geoanalytics-connector-examples

Thanks,

Patric

alkadhim
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Patric,

I would like to have a manual about GeoAnalytics only for qlikview desktop.
I cannot open a qvf format in qlikview desktop

Thanks,

Mehdi

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Please check out this extensive Qlik GeoAnalytics tutorial for QlikView:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-GeoAnalytics-Documents/GeoAnalytics-for-QV-tutorial-TravelAreas-C...

Thanks,
Patric