Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple Selection in QlikView

Hi, all.

I want to select two columns' records at once. But I don't know how to achieve that.

For example, I have two columns, named 'Seller' and 'Buyer'. And I got some records like below:

SellerBuyer
AB
AC
BA
CD
DE
EA
DB

Now, I want to have ONE list box or something, but just one, that can make me to select ABCDE. Then once I select A (or BCDE), the records that contain A (or BCDE) will be filterd and displayed, no matter it is in Seller or Buyer. The results will be like:

SellerBuyer
AB
AC
BA
EA

Cause every list box needs a field to create, once I choose Seller as the field, it only shows Seller's records.

So, I want to choose one and select both. How can I make that? Hope I express myself clearly.

Many thanks!

22 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I see. Many thanks!

But I want records shown in both fields. Is there any way?

Not applicable
Author

Oh, it indeed can choose from both sides. But the format is not what I want. It is combining the two sides like AB, BC together. And your choice becomes AB, BC. But I just want to choose A or B alone.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

If your Buyer and Seller are from same table or associated, then seeing of both the fields values depends on their association. For example, in your sample above, if you select 'A' from Seller, your Buyer 'A' goes out of scope ; so you can't select 'A' from Buyer.

Not applicable
Author

Oh, anyway I appreciate your help. But that's not what I want.

I just want to select like, a content, a content that is included in both two fields so that once I select this content, records from two fields will be filtered.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Let me repeat it, 'that (it's possibility, the way you want) depends on their association'.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I know what you mean.

But I don't have this kind of association and I still want two fields records to show.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Could you post a sample qvw that mimic your data?

Not applicable
Author

Just like the sample table in my question.

If I select A, I want both sides to give me the records that contain A. No matter the association is what.

What you did is, only if there is a pair of record 'Seller A and Buyer A', A will show in both sides. It's no difference from selecting directly from Seller or Buyer.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Have you tried selecting (manually) 'A' from both the fields in your sample data set qvw? Is it working?

Not applicable
Author

You mean, create two list box from seller and buyer respectively and select A from these two boxes? I don't think this selection can be done simultaneously, cause once you select in one side, there will be records filtered out from the other side. Just as what you said 'depends on their association'.