Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filtering in 'Expression Editior'

Hello,

I am new to Qlik Sense and I am attempting to add a filter to dimension within my table.  I edit the 'Expression Editor' for my dimension called [State] and try to enter code to equal only one state.  I know I can add a filter pane to the sheet but would like to exclude pulling in all of the rows when I only need a specific state from my app into this sheet.  The expression I am trying to use and keeps failing is below:

=[State of Jurisdiction]={FL}

Am I doing this correctly?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

DBrown

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

aggr(only({<[State of Jurisdiction]={'FL'}>} [State of Jurisdiction]), [State of Jurisdiction])

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

aggr(only({<[State of Jurisdiction]={'FL'}>} [State of Jurisdiction]), [State of Jurisdiction])

Not applicable
Author

That worked perfectly!

Not applicable
Author

Michael that worked perfectly.

Thank you so much!!!!

Not applicable
Author

Michael,

Is there a beginners guide on expression writing that I can review?  I've searched all through the site but found nothing close to what you sent which worked perfectly.  Any help is appreciated.

mjtaft2017
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Please mark mov's answer as correct so this does not appear unanswered and he will be credited for the correct response.

thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The is a quite comprehensive bookQlikView 11 for Developers - QlikView Book

It for QlikView,but the expression and script syntax are the same in Sense.
Anyway, the information in "help" is good enough for the beginners, and it is free.

Higor
Contributor
Contributor

I'm new to qlik and that helped me a lot, thanks!

i only wanted some of my results to shown in a pivot table.

my dimension expression ended like this:

=aggr(only({<key_codfil={'1','3','4','6','7','8','10','11','12','13','18','19','20','21','22','24','25','26','28','29','30','31','999'}>}key_codfil),key_codfil)