Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Installation Failing 25% In (Desktop Version)

Hi,

I'm trying to install the desktop version of Qlik Sense on my work machine, however after 25%, the installation fails.

The machine that I'm installing on uses 64bit windows 7 and has 16gb of ram.

From the installation log, it fails to install the MSI package and failed to configure per-user MSI package.

Any ideas as to what I should do to get this installed successfully?  The IT department here is stumped as they've already tried running the installation as an administrator.

Thank you.

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have the exact same problem and opened a case with Qlik.  Unfortunately they could not resolve the problem and because I am using the free version of Qlik Sense Desktop, there is nothing else they will do for me.  There is a knowledge base article that I was given: 000014827 but the fixes in the article did not work for me.  In the meantime, I re-installed version 3.1.6 and was using that until today.  That version no longer starts correctly; it stops with a blank white screen.  According to the forums, my version of 3.1.6 may have expired because the newer version has been out for a couple of months. 

ErikWetterberg

Hi Vic,

I had a problem similar to yours and got some help in this thread:

Cannot install June 2017 release

Don't know if it's relevant to your case, but have a look.

Hope this helps

Erik Wetterberg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the idea.  My installation is not on a network drive or even a

shared drive so this does not apply to my scenario.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Do you have any anti-virus software on the machine?  Some of those apps enable the protection after being disabled for 10-15 minutes.  That could block the installation from proceeding further.

Pranav