Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

[ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_DBC failed when reloading via the QEMC

Hi!

We use QV 10 server for reloading several reports which use the 32 bit NotesSQL driver to connect via ODBC to lotus notes databases on a 64 bit machine. We have been running these for more than 6 months up to now without issues. Since 3 days however, all LN related reloads through the QEMC (both manual and scheduled) fail. In the same time we can reload the same reports through the QV Developer on the same machine without any problems.

The error we receive in reload logs from the QEMC is: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_DBC failed

This implies some kind of missing user access rights maybe... but we have not changed anything in the configurations in the last weeks. And all QV services run using admin account, so it must have full access to all folders...

Any ideas where the problem might be?

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sergey -

Have you found any solution to your problem?  We are having the same issue here.

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Hello!

Unfortunately, we could not find a solution. After a couple of weeks the problem disappeared by itself and everything worked fine since then... until last week, when the problem appeared again. We have done NO changes in our QV files in the meanwhile. Maybe it is something in LN databases or server settings... no idea. The same files reload fine on another server, which is also very strange. I have no further ideas for now.

Good luck!

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I know it is a long time since this question was posted but in case anyone else has a similar issue...

We found that the connections between Lotus Notes and Qlikview were not being automatically ended in the Task Manager so we tried putting in a Disconnect; statement between the end of each connection to Lotus notes and the next connection to Lotus Notes.

We used the same thing to resolve an issue with a connection to JDE. I don't know why it is not disconnecting automatically when it is reloading from the management console unfortunately, just how to fix it

For 99% of our cases that seemed to resolve the issue.