Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anil529106
Contributor III
Contributor III

I am unable add extra blank spaces between characters/words in qliksense "Text & Image" object...how can I do this??

I am unable add extra blank spaces between characters/words in qliksense "Text & Image" object...how can I do this??

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I think the poster is referring to "extra spaces".  That is, more than one.  My experience of QS is that it always throws away extra spaces.  QV does that in some cases as well, but you could work around it with "Repeat(chr(160),10)" but that trick doesn't work with QS.

-Rob

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Rob,

CHR(160) works as a leading character in Qlik Sense - I use it always in QlikSense P&L straight table views where i have to create indents and it works. I have never used it in the middle of text string, but i would expect it to work in similar way.

What about "verbatim" variable. Isn't it linked somehow?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2017/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/SystemVariables/Verbatim...

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
dan_sullivan
Creator II
Creator II

That's weird.  Native support allows for it.  Just tried and could type my name with a space without issue.  Sorry

Anonymous
Not applicable

What happens when you try?

dan_sullivan
Creator II
Creator II

It allows me to do it.  I drag the Text&Image box onto the sheet.  Clicked inside of it and was able to type away with spaces in the sentence. 

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I think the poster is referring to "extra spaces".  That is, more than one.  My experience of QS is that it always throws away extra spaces.  QV does that in some cases as well, but you could work around it with "Repeat(chr(160),10)" but that trick doesn't work with QS.

-Rob

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Rob,

CHR(160) works as a leading character in Qlik Sense - I use it always in QlikSense P&L straight table views where i have to create indents and it works. I have never used it in the middle of text string, but i would expect it to work in similar way.

What about "verbatim" variable. Isn't it linked somehow?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2017/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/SystemVariables/Verbatim...

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
anil529106
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks all you reply..

but It's not working using chr()..not sure about use of "verbatim" variable.

I think Verbatim can be set for scripts only..

my requirement like:          Anil              Jena

now result: Anil Jena

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

what if you cheat and create a measure with say Repeat('__',20) and use a white color of it? Just like on my screenshots?

1.png2.png

anil529106
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

yes, it's looks like fulfilling the requirement..

vmuppala
Contributor II
Contributor II

Works prefect for PL template. Thank you