Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple bookmarks

Hi all - Just a quick question about bookmarks. I've been using the GoogleChart API to return a simple '3 Group Venn Diagram'. It does this by saving 3 selections in different bookmarks: BM1, BM2 and BM3. The venn is excellent at visualizing the overlap between the groups eg. Booked in 2011, Booked in 2010 and Booked in 2009.However, when I wanted to grab a list of the people who appear in all 3 groups I can't seem to find a way to do it. In essence I want to select the customers who appear in all three bookmarks and cana't seem to find a way to do that. Please help many thanks Mark.

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi Mark,

If I understand you correctly, you want an intersection of the three bookmark selection with regard to field customer,

maybe using a set expression like

count(distinct {< Customer = p({BM1}) * p({BM2}) * p({BM3}) >} Customer)

For example, if you use this expression as expression in table with dimension customer, it should list only the customers which are within all three groups.

If you want to select these customers, I am currently thinking of kind of trigger action (e.g. with a button), but haven't made up my mind how to do that.

Is this of any help for you?

Have a nice weekend,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Many thanks for the answer Stefan - however, it's actually selecting the people, not doing a count that I'm trying to acheive.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Do you just need a count of those customers, not the name...?

If yes then try the same expression in a textbox.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik - no, I need to select these customers as a group, maybe for a mailing or to do further analysis.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi Mark,

maybe you could use the given expression as expression e.g. in a listbox (field customer) and select then all values with an result (using a serch filter). Is this feasible?

Regards,

Stefan

P.S. I think expression in a list box needs QV version >= 10

magavi_framsteg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi mark.phelps.

I think you might end up with some problems.

See my post http://community.qlik.com/thread/31594.

If all field criterias in your BM:s are not applicable (not able to be selected for some reason) your BM will still select all other fields.

The BM should be illegal if all fields defined in it cannot be selected, but I have not yet found a way of checking that.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi Mark,

I think my suggestion with an expression to the listbox might not work.

But I got this working:

- Straight table chart

- customer as dimension

- expression given above as expression (if you don't like the plain count you could convert it to e.g. "Match" with a simple additional if case, like  if (count (..)>0, 'Match')

This should result in a table, with customer limited to the set expression selection.

I enabled "searchable" for the expression column in properties->presentation

If I click on the search icon of the expression column and type in *1* (or *Match*), all the customers within the desired selection are selected.

Hope this helps,

Stefan