cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting - creating reports with cycle fields

Hi all,

I would be thankful about some NPrinting Tips regarding Report creation with cycle fields.

I read already the following Tutorials but they don't answer my questions respectively I hope that there is a solution or workaround for my task?

QlikView NPrinting 16 Tutorials - Filters & Cycles

Cycling Reports on Multiple Fields

I have to create a report task with one report object for several area levels.

I can filter the area levels in QlikView by two fields REGION and SUBREGION.

When I use these two fields in NPrinting as cycle fields, NPrinting is creating a separated report file (e.g. a Excel attachment) for each REGION and each SUBREGION.

My question is, is there a possibility to create a report with cycle fields where the output is one single file (Excel preferred) and the report object is printed there for each entity of the cycle fields, one after the other?

Many thanks in advance and best regards,

Claus

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Claus,

This is simpler than you think. For your requirement you should use level functionality when creating NPrinting report.

QlikView NPrinting 16 Tutorials - Excel Reports

and especialy this topic:

How to Add Levels in Excel Reports

by the way - If you have to cycle throug Region and Subregion at the same time, you have to create table with both dimensions and use a table as a "Level node"

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Claus,

This is simpler than you think. For your requirement you should use level functionality when creating NPrinting report.

QlikView NPrinting 16 Tutorials - Excel Reports

and especialy this topic:

How to Add Levels in Excel Reports

by the way - If you have to cycle throug Region and Subregion at the same time, you have to create table with both dimensions and use a table as a "Level node"

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Lech,

Many thanks for your fast answer!

I tested your proposal already and this is exactly what I need! 🙂

Best regards,

Claus