Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nprinting - pagination by calculated dimension

Is there a way to define pages - for example in excel templates - by a calculated dimension?

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

In Excel, you can use all the Excel pagination features (define page breaks, headers...).

You can also use the Levels feature to create a page for every value of a dimension.

You can use the Page feature to create a worksheet for every value of a dimension.

If you need advanced pagination features then I suggest you build a report in Word or Pixel Perfect formats as there are more options (like table of contents, calculated sums for each page...)

There are lots of tutorials about template authoring here:

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14575

QlikView NPrinting 16 Tutorials - PixelPerfect Reports

QlikView NPrinting 16 Tutorials - Word Reports

---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Aran - I think the problem described here is that Page or Level functionality will not work on "Calculated Dimension" from Chart; Is this what you are asking Saska?

I remember trying to achieve this in order to build top 10 and bottom ten table in Pixel Perfect - so I build calculated dimension which handled all the logic, but when i tried to use it as a level in Pixel Perfect it was returning an error. See this comment for reference:

Pixel Perfect Table - Sales by top X

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Andrea_Ghirardello

Calculated dimensions are not present in the data model as a real field, therefore not usable from NPrinting directly.

But you could use the entire table that contains that calculated dimension as level or page.

Please consider that there are some limitations on doing this, as explained here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2017/Content/ExcelReports/HowCreateOneMoreLevelsExcelRepor...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2017/Content/ExcelReports/HowCreateExcelReportsNestedLevel...

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

that is very useful!

thanks Andrea!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you all!

Unfortunately I can not use this in a way I intended as my plan was to loop through a calculated dimension and place data from another object inside that loop. As stated in the link provided by Andrea:

"Tables that have calculated dimensions or null values can be used as levels, but you cannot put any objects or levels inside them."

Edit 4.8.2017: Tested this -> it seems to be possible but the results are not logical. When you put an object inside a calculated dimension level, same data seems to be output in every level value. That is the calculated dimension does not limit the data in another object.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

i have to re-test it on example. It actualy think it will work - will keep you posted!

cheers

Lech

avinashelite

Your trying the levels over the same chart you have the calculated dimension or your trying to include the other objects under that ?? if that is the case it won't work because the calculated dimension does not have the direct relation with the other

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Maybe you could to move the calculated dimension into a new field calculated by the loading script and use this in the Page node.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.