cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Store command only working intermittently

Hi all,

I have an app that runs every 5 minutes that is quite simple - All it does is read the contents of a CSV on the web and drop it to a pipe-delimited text file. There's a (non-Qlik) app on a different box on our network that picks up that file two minutes later and processes it into a data warehouse which then goes back to Qlik.

For some reason, the Store command only works intermittently. It doesn't error out, and it shows up as I would expect in the logs, but it simply doesn't write a file. I know it's getting new data since I can see it if I open the app.

What would cause Qlik to not write a file on a Store command?

FWIW, this app takes about 35 seconds to run start to finish.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Are you absolutely sure it doesn't write to the file? Doesn't the modify time of the csv file change?

Can you provide the document log file that's created during the reload?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes. Modify time of the text file doesn't change, even if I refresh in Windows Explorer, and if I open the file, the newest rows that are visible in the app are not in the text file.

Here's an excerpt from the latest run at 11:40:

2017-08-04 11:40:47      4,859 lines fetched

2017-08-04 11:40:47 0075 Store * From METARs into [lib://Qlik Warehouse\Data\Extracted\METARs.txt] (txt,delimiter is '|')

And it happily moves along to the next thing without actually writing the file. Update time on the file is currently 9:35 AM, so it's run about a dozen times in a row without writing the file now.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

One more tidbit: When executed manually from the Data Load Editor, it works every time. The only time it "forgets" to write the file is when it's executed from the QMC, either manually or via the timed trigger.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Check the connections in the QMC to make sure that Qlik Warehouse folder connection is really pointing to the folder where you expect the file to appear.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand