Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expression help

Hi,

I have a bit of a silly question but can't seem to get it working:

I have the following expression I want to use as a text object:

=sum({<FINMONTH = {'>$(=max(FINMONTH)-max(FINMONTH)) <= $(=max(FINMONTH))'}, FINYEAR = {'$(=MAX(FINYEAR))'}>}SALES)+sum({<FINMONTH = {'>$(=max(FINMONTH)-max(FINMONTH)) <= $(=max(FINMONTH))'}, FINYEAR = {'$(=MAX(FINYEAR))'}>}ENDOEXTRA)

I know to make it show in monetary value I need to add ,'£#,##0'' to the expression.  However, when adding it to the end it's not working:

=sum(({<FINMONTH = {'>$(=max(FINMONTH)-max(FINMONTH)) <= $(=max(FINMONTH))'}, FINYEAR = {'$(=MAX(FINYEAR))'}>}SALES)+sum({<FINMONTH = {'>$(=max(FINMONTH)-max(FINMONTH)) <= $(=max(FINMONTH))'}, FINYEAR = {'$(=MAX(FINYEAR))'}>}ENDOEXTRA) ,'£#,##0'')

Any advice? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You could use Num()

=Num(sum({<FINMONTH = {'>$(=max(FINMONTH)-max(FINMONTH)) <= $(=max(FINMONTH))'}, FINYEAR = {'$(=MAX(FINYEAR))'}>}SALES)+sum({<FINMONTH = {'>$(=max(FINMONTH)-max(FINMONTH)) <= $(=max(FINMONTH))'}, FINYEAR= {'$(=MAX(FINYEAR))'}>}ENDOEXTRA),'£#,##0')

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You could use Num()

=Num(sum({<FINMONTH = {'>$(=max(FINMONTH)-max(FINMONTH)) <= $(=max(FINMONTH))'}, FINYEAR = {'$(=MAX(FINYEAR))'}>}SALES)+sum({<FINMONTH = {'>$(=max(FINMONTH)-max(FINMONTH)) <= $(=max(FINMONTH))'}, FINYEAR= {'$(=MAX(FINYEAR))'}>}ENDOEXTRA),'£#,##0')

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

Perfect!  Knew it would be something really simple thank you!