Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to add Import App rights to a Qlik Sense user

Hi,

I've been playing around with QlikSense security rules and such, following this examples, but couldn't find the way to add the right to import an App through QlikSense QMC to a user.

To get a bigger picture of what I am trying to model, I would like to have per each stream I define, a stream administrator, who has the possibility to do multiple operations though QMC/HUB on the stream he administers, as

- Import and duplicate Apps (couldn't find a solution)

- Change Owners of existing apps (managed to do it)

- Add users to stream (didn't try it yet)

..maybe more.

Does anyone know if this is even possible, as I couldn't see any Import action when creating Security rules, even when selecting all resource types in the resource filter?

Thanks in advance,

Alexandra

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Alexandra - Have you thought about using custom properties (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2017/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/custom-properties-ov...)?  They can be really powerful when applying object level security within Qlik for a user or a group of users.

Pranav

Not applicable
Author

Hi Pravan,

I am already using CustomProperties in my experiments.

I got the Import button available, so I will post here my results so that others might use it:

I followed the steps from this example: Security rules example: Recreating document admin by creating QMC app admin ‒ Qlik Sense, and the Import button was not visible for an AppAdmin user, until I deleted the condition user.userDirectory="QVNCycles". I couldn't explain exactly this behavior, as other actions on Apps were active in the QMC interface.

Anyway it was not correct to use the condition in my case, as the users are of local Windows kind, so this was not their user directory. In fact, I'm not sure why it worked at all. Does anyone know where I can find more info to read about this QVNCycles user directory?

Thanks in advance.

Alexandra

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I got enthusiastic to early, not enough for the user to see the options in the GUI, they still not work:

failed to import an app and insufficient privileges to Duplicate

What's bothering me is that I couldn't find the errors in the logs.

Got any idea where to search?

Not applicable
Author

Just to let you know that I managed to find the errors log: C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Repository\System