Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tom2qlik
Creator
Creator

NPrint Output as Excel showing hastag #

Hi All,

I've put a pivot chart into an excel template for NPrint to distribute.  I am having an issue though with the date.

I pulled the date along the top so the output is by day.  Everything is fine however where the date title appears is showing '#####'  as the column value where in the application is shows blank.

*Column G show be blank instead of #####

*Dates go across --->

Any ideas how to change the column to blank?

Thanks,

Tom

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

In Excel this happens when the cell is too narrow to display the value. Did you tryed to enlarge the cell in the final report?

I agree with the suggestion to format the date in the original QlikView object. I suggest to use a formula like =text(date(today(),'DD/MM/YYYY')) in order to convert it into a formatted text.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Hi,

there is an issue with your date format.

you can change in your qlik application.

or else you can use custom foramt in excel to specific column then you will get the exact date format.

Best

Chanty

tom2qlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Chanty,

This is the chart in Qlikview.  The dates along the top look fine and appearing in the excel as expected.

As seen below the column under "ForecastDeliveryDate" is blank which is what I want in excel.

What date format should it be to remove the hash tags and show blank?

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Go to nPrinting template editor and change format on date field.

Regards,

Jay Rathod

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

In Excel this happens when the cell is too narrow to display the value. Did you tryed to enlarge the cell in the final report?

I agree with the suggestion to format the date in the original QlikView object. I suggest to use a formula like =text(date(today(),'DD/MM/YYYY')) in order to convert it into a formatted text.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
tom2qlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Brilliant, Thank you!