Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
retrocolor
Partner - Contributor III

Document CALs problem

Hello,

We have a problem using Document CALs. We have Small Business Edition with 5 Named CALs and 10 Document CALs, no directory service deployed and we are not in a domain. All of the users log in via WORKGROUP. For now when they want to use the QV portal they log in to the real server with their own user and open the portal via IE. This works with the Named Cals, but it doesn't with Document CALs. When they try to open a particular document there's an error saying that there're no document cals allocated for the user (although we've assigned the user a document cal).

I've searched for some solutions but I couldn't find. I found that the Custom Directory and Users could be a possible solution but with SBE there isn't DMS authorization.

I' m quite new in this and I need to understand how Qlikview authenticate a user connecting to the server in this case what is the problem and is there a solution for this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Radi

5 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

In order to utilize document cals just follow the steps mentioned below.

1) go to QEMC --> Document tab --> user document  --> select a document

to the right pane go to Document cal tab --> and in document cal session

inNumber of CALs allocated to this Document enter cals you wana assign also select Allow dynamic CAL assignment.

By this you can use your document Cals.

Hope it helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

retrocolor
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but the Document CALs are already assigned and the problem is we receive an error as they aren't.

Regards,

Radi

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Can you send us the screenshots of Document cals tab's.

so that we can exactly let you know the cause.

As per my analysis I think that you already assign a cal to this Document and you want some other user even to get access on the same document.

If you have free cals assign cal and check the result.

If not you may propabaly required to purchase some new license.

Hope that helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Radi,

As when you do with the Named User CALs, the Document CALs must be assigned to users in the form DOMAIN\USERNAME as returned by the function OSUser(). Try that in a text object to see what is QlikView server actually returning.

By the way, are those users able to log into the Accesspoint? If yes, what do they see in the "Logged in as" field in the top right of the page?

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

retrocolor
Author

Hi, Ashfaq and Miguel,

It appears that the format of the Document CALs was the problem. After reassigning them and some additional tests I have information that the users don't experience the problem and the Document CALs are ok.

Thank you for the help!

Regards,

Radi