Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Where exactly breaks the variable editor whith message Script line error: call LoadVariableCSV('O:\0.Administration\3.Include\1.BaseVariable\\ContainerMap.csv','','','','true')

Hello community, 

We are running a server installation with shared drives that we access by QlikView installations on local notebooks.

We move to deployment framework version 1.7.1 hoping that would solve the problem. But still, when I try to run the Variable Editor and Container Map Editor I am experiencing “WARNING! Variable Editor Could not find Deployment Framework Core  The application will not work” and “Error: Internal fatal error – 130” and the other message bubles

From thread/118776 (Warning! Variable Editor Could not find Development Framework Core. This application will not work.) I leaned to set the user security settings to alow script and launch from macros.

From message/994741#994741 (QDF Internal Fatal error(-130) in VariableEditor) I lerned to try to run the framework on a local source document folder structure to avoid authorization issues.

To me that reveals that my issue is caused by authorization restrictions. But I now need to clearly show what causes the errors.

A comparison of the Deployment Framework run locally to that on the server shows that the local installation can handle the double bachslash in “call LoadVariableCSV('C:\Users\......\0.Administration\3.Include\1.BaseVariable\\ContainerMap.csv','','','','true')”.
(line 25 of tab “Deployment Framework”)

Whereas the server version fails at that line.

8/4/2017 3:18:23 PM: 0026 call LoadVariableCSV('O:\0.Administration\3.Include\1.BaseVariable\\ContainerMap.csv','','','','true')

8/4/2017 3:18:23 PM: Error: Script line error:

8/4/2017 3:18:23 PM: General Script Error

8/4/2017 3:18:23 PM: Execution Failed

8/4/2017 3:18:23 PM: Execution finished.

And breaks with the error messages shown above.

My question now is: Where exactly is the command that breaks the processing? Debugging stops before entering the sub “LoadVariableCSV” with  this Script line error:

call LoadVariableCSV('O:\0.Administration\3.Include\1.BaseVariable\\ContainerMap.csv','','','','true')

Attached you find my message text with screenshots of the Errors.

Any hint is welcome.

Many thanks in advance.

Paul.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Paul, you can run the Variable Editor script manually to see where it breaks, and what errors returns. Also a good idea is to activate the qvw log that have been disabled due to performance on slow networks. You might be able to spot an error turning on audit logging on the file share used for QDF, as the user is not allowed to write onto the disk without elevated privileges. Hope that this helps.

Best regards

Magnus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Paul, I've tried replicating your problem the double backslash works fine and should not create any problems. Please try this, there is a cmd file named VariableEditor.cmd under 0.Administration container that elevates Variable Editor to administrator level. You need to use the UNC path instead of o: (as Administrator level probably does not have that mount) in my case I brows to \\QMI-WN-BL\QlikResourcs\0.Administration and after right click on VariableEditor.cmd and select Run as Administrator to start Variable Editor with elevated UAC level. Hope that this helps, best regards Magnus

Clipboard01.png

Not applicable
Author

Hello Magnus,

Thanks for your solution.

It works fine. I now can use the deployment frameworks on our shared folders.

Just one question remains.
Is it possible to debug the steps that hindered the application to run. I.e. to debug the authorization checks?

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards,

Paul.

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Paul, you can run the Variable Editor script manually to see where it breaks, and what errors returns. Also a good idea is to activate the qvw log that have been disabled due to performance on slow networks. You might be able to spot an error turning on audit logging on the file share used for QDF, as the user is not allowed to write onto the disk without elevated privileges. Hope that this helps.

Best regards

Magnus

Not applicable
Author

Hello Magnus,

Thanks for your advises.

Turning on audit logging was the piece I was missing.

Best regards,

Paul.