Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to make new field in srcript from two different tables. HELP PLEASE!

Hi,

I've been carrying this problem from long time ago and i would be very pleased to find a solution.

I have two different tables wich i load in my QV. Monthly Stock Tables and a Annual Sales table as in the following example:

MONTHLY STOCK TABLES                                                   ANNUAL SALES TABLE

1TABLAS.jpg

My intention is to create a table that uses the field Quantity and the field Sales to calculate a new field Rotacion. This new field is calculated as [Sales/Quantity]. And the table should be as follows

ROTACION TABLE

2Tablas.jpg

One of the problems is the date format, which is different in both initial tables. The other problem is that the stock tables are load individually.

In my actual script i load this tables as follows:

LOAD Materiale,

IF(WildMatch([Anno Messe],'*200*') or WildMatch([Anno Messe],'*199*'),'Antiguo',

IF(WildMatch([Anno Messe],'*2010'),'2010',

IF(WildMatch([Anno Messe],'*2011'),'2011',

IF(WildMatch([Anno Messe],'*2012'),'2012',

IF(WildMatch([Anno Messe],'*2013'),'2013',

IF(WildMatch([Anno Messe],'*2014'),'2014',

IF(WildMatch([Anno Messe],'*2015'),'2015','Actualizar Scrpit'))))))) as YEAR,

IF(WildMatch([Anno Messe],'GEN*'), right([Anno Messe],4)&01,

IF(WildMatch([Anno Messe],'FEB*'), right([Anno Messe],4)&02,

IF(WildMatch([Anno Messe],'MAR*'), right([Anno Messe],4)&03,

IF(WildMatch([Anno Messe],'APR*'), right([Anno Messe],4)&04,

IF(WildMatch([Anno Messe],'MAG*'), right([Anno Messe],4)&05,

IF(WildMatch([Anno Messe],'GIU*'), right([Anno Messe],4)&06,

IF(WildMatch([Anno Messe],'LUG*'), right([Anno Messe],4)&07,

IF(WildMatch([Anno Messe],'AGO*'), right([Anno Messe],4)&08,

IF(WildMatch([Anno Messe],'SET*'), right([Anno Messe],4)&09,

IF(WildMatch([Anno Messe],'OTT*'), right([Anno Messe],4)&10,

IF(WildMatch([Anno Messe],'NOV*'), right([Anno Messe],4)&11,

IF(WildMatch([Anno Messe],'DIC*'), right([Anno Messe],4)&12,'ERROR')))))))))))) as Year_Month,

[Ricavi netti] as VentaMKT€,

Sales as VentaMKT,

[Luogo di spedizione]

FROM

(biff, embedded labels, table is Hoja1$);

LOAD YEAR,

Year_Month,

Materiale

Quantity,

[Valore stk. v.]

FROM

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is [Inventario mes])

I hope someone can help me solve this problem. As i need to use Rotacion for tables, graphs charts and more it's necessary to have this parameter as a field, otherwise i would calculate the parameter on a expression.

If there's something isn't clear, please complain and i'll try to explain myself better.

THANKS A LOT!!!!!

Alberto Foret

21 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Believe we missed a letter in the table name:

See attatchement.

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

When i run Test 3.qvw and load the scripts it gives me this error.

3Tablas.jpg

Know i'll send you script and sample data.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I've attached you a folder with everything.

Hope it helps...

Thanks a lot!!

Alberto Foret

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

the issue is that you renamed the field.

I have loaded ot now without issue. You have teh replace in the file the path by your path (test3 in my file).

Be carefull with QV as it is case sensitive as well.

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Did it work?

Regards,

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, i've just tried the script and there's no error. But it seems like the field Quocient gives no result, i don't know why... Here there's an image of the table, i expected Quocient to give the same result as sum(VentaMKT)/Sum(Qta stk. val) but it doesn't. Do you have any idea about it?

4tablas.jpg

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!

Alberto Foret

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

TableTest3.jpg

I have results.

See file included.

Regards,

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Few coments.

-If you make a list for YEAR_MONTH and Quocient, it only shows values for YEAR_MONTH = 201104.

-If you look at material 3034 for YEAR_MONTH = 201104, Quocient =0.222.... , VentaMKT = 2, [Qta stk. val] = 18. Then VentaMKT/[Qta stk. val] should be 0.1111..... and it shows 0.22222.....

Something isn't working wright. I think it might be the fact that the stock data has different table each month while the sales table is updated every month on the same table.

I don't really know how to solve this...

Thanks!!!

Alberto Foret

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alberto,

Sounds to me this does not make sense. Why would you calculate the quotient based on stock of previous months?

Should you not have only 1 stockfile (current) and thus link only on material?

What is the purpose of your application?

Regards,

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The purpose is to see the evolution of the stock rotation to make forecast of sales and buyouts. I've changed few thing in my Qlik to obtain data but there's still something wrong. Quocient gives you the same result as Sum(VentasMKT)/[Qta stk. val] instead of  Sum(VentasMKT)/Sum([Qta stk. val]). On the other hand this is OK!! But i've discovered the table is not giving the same result for Sum([Qta stk. val]) as for [Qta stk. val]....

Also Quocient is calculated only for the first table of the data not for the inventory of every month.

I suspect there's something wrong in loading one table for every month for the inventory.

It's driving me crazy!!!

Thank's a lot though!!!!

Alberto Foret