Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomzof74
Contributor
Contributor

Reference lines numbers formatting

Hi,

After upgrading to the recent version numbers aside the reference lines ceased to accept axis' number formatting.

I doubt if that's intentional. Anyone else is experiencing this?

Thanks,

Tomasz

12 Replies
Not applicable

Me and my team also began to experience this issue, are there any workarounds known?

My reference line numbers are not being auto-formatted with the numbers, so we're getting large numbers like 286,000,000 in the reference line where they used to be auto-formatted to 286.0M

Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

Hi! You can force Qlik Sense to show it in the desired format, e.g. the following will format the result as percentage:

Num((Sum(Value_1)/Sum(Value_2)),'#,##%')

vizmind.eu
Not applicable

Thanks Ivan, this helped. But to get it to work I had to implement the num function in both the measure and the reference line.

I wonder why the auto-format stopped working with the update to 3.2 SR3? My company cannot quickly go to the June release for stability reasons.

Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

Probably a bug, it also didn't work for me with 3.2 but works just fine with June 2017.

vizmind.eu
nicholas5141
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

References line format follow measure formatting.

It works for me.

Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

In QS Desktop 3.2 SR3 for sure it doesn't.

vizmind.eu
nicholas5141
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi I tested it works. Both references line are using AVG. Please change the format in measure.

QlikCOmmunity.png

qlik2.pngqlik1.png

qlik3.png

Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

Try doing the same when the original number is percentage with 10 decimal places and you want it to show only 2.

Moreover, you are using June 2017 which, as I said before, works just fine. The issue is with 3.2. SR3

vizmind.eu
nicholas5141
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi, Can as per screenshot.

qlik1.png