Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III

Sense: How to left align years in the listbox and make a design grid more densed?

Hi,

I've been working with QlikView for 6 years and find Qlik Sense annoying with simple things not being able to do.

Yesterday, I have posted a question about setting colors for different dimensions and measures without the need to create them as Master Items, where this is possible.

Sense: Is it possible to override colors for measures that are currently arbitrary set?

When I present years to users even tough those are number types I align them to the left as having a white space on the left side does not make sense. Is that possible in QS?

Also, is it possible to make the design grid more densed?

Thanks

11 Replies
Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

Hello!

If you want to manually align the numbers in a table go to the Data menu, select you column and deselect auto text alignment:

Capture.PNG

The grid depends on the resolution and cannot be changed as far as I know.

vizmind.eu
nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

This option does not exist in the Filter pane.

Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

You didn't say it was about a filter pane. Then just write your dimension as:

=Text(YourFieldName)

vizmind.eu
nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

You are right Ivan. Sorry for that.

Yes, I know, but I find the Presentation options available in QV much more flexible, etc.

Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, sometimes you need to use some formulas in QS in order to achieve what is available as a standard option QV.

Anyways, is you question answered now?

vizmind.eu
srishsum2017
Creator
Creator

Hi,

In qliksense desktop june 2017 version this property does not exist i attached the screenshot, but you can get your result by using Text(Year1.PNG2.PNG)3.PNG

Sumit Kumar Srivastava
nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

No, it is not. These are more for Qlik Sense development team to see it and work it out in the Qlik Sense September 2017 release.

nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi, yes, that was written in previous posts. Thanks

Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

I don't think that this will be present as an option in Qlik Sense anytime soon since:

a: there is an easy way to do it using Text()

b: there are way more important things that need to be added

vizmind.eu