Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Line Graph - Inverting Time Base on the X-Axis

Hello,

Very new to Qlik Sense.  First time poising a question.

I have a simple line graph and I have months on the X-axis.  Currently the months run from oldest to newest from left to right.  I would like to invert this within the graph to have it run from newest to oldest from left to right.

Currently:  January to December.

Want:  December to January.

I thought I would be able to invert the scale easily using the selection options but it's not the case.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

For that you must change the continuous axis.

To change this go to Appearance -> Y Axix -> Off the Continues Mode -> Also uncheck "Use Continues Scale".

After doing this you will be able to change the sorting.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Qlik Family. Feel free to post your queries on community.

Now to resolve your query all you need to do is click on the chart -> on right side you will see the properties -> one of the tab in property is Sort -> Here you will see the first option as Month -> Click on the drop down menu -> Change Auto Mode to custom -> Now you will see an option to sort by number -> Select Descending

Thats it.

Your chart axis will be sorted as you want.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for pointing this out.  I should have mentioned that I'm not able to use the sorting property in my app for my line graph.  I receive a message indicating that "You cannot change sorting when using a continuous dimension axis."

Is there a work around or another line graph type?

Michael

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

For that you must change the continuous axis.

To change this go to Appearance -> Y Axix -> Off the Continues Mode -> Also uncheck "Use Continues Scale".

After doing this you will be able to change the sorting.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That worked. 

Thanks very much.

Michael

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Please mark the post as correct.

The Reason to do this is

1. Close the post

2. To allow other users to know exact answers.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

RituKhatri
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any way of sorting while using continuous scale only? My data has two dimensions (date, status) and one measure ( project count ) and I am using continuous scale to show the data for x axis as a primary requirement now I need to sort the data by dimension-2 i.e status but Qlik is not allowing this and showing ' you cannot change sorting when using a continuous dimension axis'.

Any alternate solution for this?

Many thanks

Ritu