Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Publisher Reload Tasks Failure

Hi All,

I have a SQL Statement  connects to Teradata & it takes about 10 - 15 min to run when reloaded in Qlikview Desktop, however the SQL Statements hangs when run under a Publisher task. I checked from Teradata using TeradataViewPoint, its responding, so something needs to be done from Publisher side. (Note: the same query is also used for other apps with different where conditions.. those are re-loading properly).

7/13/2011 10:24:05 AM: 0006        SQL SELECT *
7/13/2011 10:24:05 AM: 0007        FROM "USP_MTHLY_AFAM"."QVNR_MASTER_FILTER_ALGN_PLNG"
7/13/2011 10:24:05 AM: 0008        WHERE CID IN (SELECT DISTINCT CID FROM USP_MTHLY_AFAM.QVNR_CSS_CARS_DDD_NDC_SLS_FCT) 
7/13/2011 10:24:05 AM: 0009       
7/13/2011 10:24:38 AM:             8 fields found: MKT_PID, SLS_ORG_ID, CID, POST_ZIP5_CD, SLS_ORG_LVL_ID, SLS_SUBCAT_CD, FILTER_RULE,

And the query is not a complex query, it stopes at as shown above from the QVW log file.

Can anyone please help me out in this what could be the cause for task failure?

Where can I find Publisher log details? also let me know if you need more info.

Thanks in Advance

This SQL statement  takes about 5 minutes to run when reloaded in QlikView Des
2 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can find the Publisher Tasklogs in:

C:\Users\All Users\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log

or for Win2003, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service\1\Log.

You should also be able to see the Tasklog in the QEMC by selecting the task in the Task view, click "Show Task Details" in upper right and then click "Log" tab.

Another place to look for clues is the windows event log on the reloading server. It may be that the driver is presenting a dialog box. In this case, the diaglog message will appear in the Windows Event Application log.

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply... but still I am not able to figureout the issue.