Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Stop Automatic access to hub without allocating token

Hi,

I have installed Qlik Sense Enterprise 3.2 with test license and administrator credentials. Now there is another user which is named as guest. Guest is a kind of user by which any remote user can access the server. Now I am trying to login with a user1 , it get access with his local credentials without allocation of any token , I have tried with another domain user as user2, same user2 can access the HUB without allocation of token. both user1 and user2 shows in user list and guest too on Qlik Senser server but not in User Access Allocation. Can anyone tell me how can users get access without token allocation and how to stop them ?

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue in the June 2017 SR1 release. Anyone have an idea how users can access Qlik without allocating a token to the user?

barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

So when you say get access - you mean see the hub? because even though they see the hub they shouldn't be able to do anything.  Unless you have a rule set up to automatically assign a token, or manually assigned a token.

I assume you are using the 'local network' UDC which I think was depreciated in the June release? or the default - as I understand it any local user that tries to access the hub will be added into the user list but this doesn't mean they have access...  (I think)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Barry,

I can't speak for the original poster, but you are correct. For me specifically, I found that detail out later in the afternoon - that the users have access to the hub, but not to access existing apps or create new ones. Originally, there was a user access rule that was automatically allocating tokens to these users, but I disabled it. Then, was running into the issue of seeing the hub without realizing no action could be taken. I'm going to disable that option this evening, we don't want to allow anyone to see anything until it's all set up and allocated.

Best regards,

Justin