cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjzimm76
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hub and QMC not working since upgrading to Windows 2016

On our Dev Qlik Sense server we upgraded from Windows 2012 to Windows 2016.  After the upgrade, I noticed that our Sense Hub and QMC were no longer working.  I then realized that Sense 3.0 would not be supported on Windows 2016.  So I began to upgrade our version of Sense to 3.1 to 3.2 to the latest June Release.  It is a simple single node implementation.  I followed the instructions from Upgrading and migrating from synchronized to shared persistence ‒ Qlik Sense.

However the Hub and QMC were still not opening via the IE browser.

All of the services were running, though their Statup type was set to Automatic (Delayed Start).  I changed them to all the Automatic.  Also one of the repository services wasn't set to use the account I had set up during the installation so I changed that as well.  I stopped and restarted all of the services.

I have looked in one of the log files in the C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Repository\System folder and it is writing a warning for Unable to connect to the remote server.  Not sure if that is relevant.

Any help to get our Hub and QMC back up is much appreciated.

2 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

By default the services are set to Automatic (Delayed Start).  So that is not an issue.

Also, the repository services stays at Local System.  The rest of the services are set to the user  that you specify.

So that is not the issue.

Have you tried opening either  in Chrome?  I have found issues off and on with IE.

It is possible that you did something wrong with the shared persistence setup. 

Last but not least I don't see where Windows 2016 is supported yet.

PeterVanOers
Contributor III
Contributor III

Not sure if your problem is solved. But I had the same problem with the an installation on windows 2016.  I couldn’t open de hub or qmc on the server. My solution was to use localhost als host instead of the server name.