Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

conditional formatting in pivot table not working

I have a pivot table that shows qty, current month sales (MTD) and prior year month sales (PYMTD)

and product line as dimension

i have an expression that calculates growth % over prior year month sales. Example April 2011 Sales growth % over April 2010 Sales

In Pivot table properties, Visual cues (Sheet) i set up the below:

Green for my >=

Black for normal

Red for my <=

but for some reason the color shown in the pivot table for Negative % growth is not consistant.

Sometimes negatives show up as red and sometimes they show up as green, when all Negative growth % should be RED.

For posative growth the same issue, some posative % show up as Red and some show up as Green when, all Posative growth % should show as GREEN.

I have attached a recreation of the pivot table described

Message was edited by: Joseph Bustos

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Do you have an example document that you could attach?

Not applicable
Author

just posted the file. I had to modify quite a bit to meet the 50MB file limit.

Not applicable
Author

I've tried modifing the fomula manytimes, entering different expressions in the visual cues and still am receiveing both red and green font colors for Negative growth and both red and Green colors for real growth.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

You can make application reductions by making a few selections and the selecting file>reduce data.

You're using totaly different formulas to show the percentage and to color it

Expression: $(eCMTDSale) / $(ePYMTDSale)-1

Text color expression: if($(eCYTDSale)/$(ePYYTDSale) < .8, RGB(255,79,79),green())

You should try something like this

Text color expression: if([Growth %] < .8, RGB(255,79,79),green())

Not applicable
Author

Daniel,

I went to  the to the Pivot table Properties, then to Visual Cues Sheet, then went to Text, clicked on the color,

cliked on Calcualted, then entered  if([Growth %] < .8, RGB(255,79,79),green())

and it didnt fix the issue.

Could show me what you ment in the attached file?  I am sure that i am missing something simple that is not allowing your proposed formulat to work.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

You're file is way too large, try posting a smaller app.