Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sales Today expression

Hello,

I've been trying to set an expression that locks my sales for today. But after going through these forums and youtube and guides I can't seem to get it to work.

What I need is todays sales numbers in the Business area "Stores" which is called Affärsområde.

This is what I got right now,

sum({<Date={'$(=Date(Today(),'DD/MM/YYYY'))'}, Affärsområde={'80 BUTIK'} >} TB)

TB = Sales

Affärsområde = All the stores we got

HEEEELP!

17 Replies
sam_grounds
Contributor III
Contributor III

Go into your table viewer (CTRL + T) and right click on the table with your date and choose to "Preview" that will show a sample of your data, a quick glance at your date field should give you the info you need. Then you can use =date(today(),'DD/MM/YYYY') (or whatever format you want, you could do) =date(today(),'YYYY-MM-DD') if it's a SQL format date.

sam_grounds
Contributor III
Contributor III

If your date has a time in it, use the floor() function to wrap around the date field to drop it to a flat date with a time of midnight.

Not applicable
Author

=date(today(),'YYYY-MM-DD') This gives me the correct date. But I can't figure out how to make this combined with todays sales. All the different tests I do give me either nothing or the month.

sunny_talwar

Can you post a filter object with date as your dimension so that we can see its formatting

Not applicable
Author

Skärmavbild 2017-08-17 kl. 15.15.03.png

Like this you mean?

sunny_talwar

Your date format seems to be this: YYYYMMDD, try this

Sum({<Date={"$(=Date(Today(),'YYYYMMDD'))"}, Affärsområde={'80 BUTIK'} >} TB)

Not applicable
Author

Still appears with the whole "year" of sales. Can it be because "Date" is called "Datum" or what else could be the issue?

sunny_talwar

Well, I assumed that your date field is called date... but yes, if it is called datum, then try this

Sum({<Datum={"$(=Date(Today(),'YYYYMMDD'))"}, Affärsområde={'80 BUTIK'} >} TB)