Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Overview error messages NPrinting

Hey together,

when i distribute a report a get an error message on tasksdetails:

Failed report generation for report 2b45d05c-c144-49fe-9c97-4d42d5306c27 user fc6a78f1-be9f-4a44-9682-3b878aed938e exception System.NotSupportedException: Wrong content node response type bei Qlik.Reporting.Reports.Tree.Template.DatasetFieldNode.ApplyEmptyResponse(EmptyContentNodeResponse response, TcTransformationContext transformationCtx) bei Qlik.Reporting.Reports.Tree.Template.TemplateLeafNode`5.ApplyResponse(IContentNodeResponse response, TcTransformationContext transformationCtx) bei Qlik.Printing.Trees.TcTransformation.ApplyResponse(IContentNodeResponse response) bei Qlik.Printing.TreeTransformationService.Process(IReportRequest reportRequest, IContentNodeResponse contentNodeResponse)

I know there are some error messages written on the help site:

Troubleshooting ‒ Qlik NPrinting

But i cant find nowhere something about error messages from distributing of reports..

I'am using NPrinting June 2017

Are there somewhere a overview of error messages like above? Or someone know what kind of error this is?

Btw. it would be helpful if i could see which field or object is going wrong..

Thanks in advance.

13 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

no need to export/import

you will get the template id   when you open the edit template  [on the browser address bar ] copy that and remove the "-" symbol in the id   

and search in c:\Program Data   folder there you will find the template.

Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Good to know..  i will try it.

Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

sureshqv‌ i've tested your tip for templates.. nice thing 🙂 But unfortunately I still have the problem

Balakrishnan_V
Employee
Employee

Hello Danijel,

Greetings, Looking at the error message i would like to know if their are any calculated dimensions in the app? I believe you can follow certain parameters to eliminate it.

1. Make sure that their are no fields based on calculated dimensions in your levels. Calculated dimensions in levels are not supported at the moment, they must be substituted with simple dimensions.

2. If you are working with levels on pages or with PixelPerfect reports, make sure that the table in the level does not contain null values.

3. If no pages or levels are used, simply: reload the metadata for the report affected, right click on all chart objects in the NP Designer separately. Click on the 'update' button and you will receive a message 1 or more rows has been affected. click 'ok', preview the report.

Note : NPrinting cannot manage calculated dimensions since fields and values cannot be parsed within complex formulas by the NP Designer. This is currently not possible with the current architecture of the designer.

Thank You

Bala

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.