Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help for binary load in Qliksense

Hello All,

I am using QlikSense server to create data model and applications.As per my knowledge, these applications will be stored under QlikSense\Apps folder in some hexadecimal ID format and not with name.

Now I have created one Data Model and want to use it in some other applications with Binary Load statement.

So do I need to create Binary statement with ID and not with Name?

Thanks in Advance... !!

7 Replies
arulsettu
Master III
Master III

ramkrishna86
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Pradnya,

You can use both either by name or ID. But it should be your first statement in load script.

Example-

Binary 'lib://Appsfolder/appname.qvf';

Binary 'lib://Appsfolder/282828e-7d7d7d-3837-Ba828-57kjdjdaod72021a';

Here Appsfolder is connection name to folder where QVF file stored.

Thanks,

Ram Krishna

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help.

But in one of the community discussions, it was mentioned that don't use IDs for Binary load.

My doubt is if I deploy that application on Production by first exporting it in QVF and then importing back on Production server, will the App ID be same?

ramkrishna86
Creator II
Creator II

Yes, id will remain same if you export or import on server unless you create a new/duplicate file of the same.

Please mark it correct if they are useful to you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So Is this the standard which everyone follows while loading data model in QlikSense application on server.

Or Is there any other alternative?

ramkrishna86
Creator II
Creator II

There is the way to load data to QlikSense application, You can say this as a standard to load data from data model.

if you want to load data from QVF file to QVF file then this is only way that is called Binary Load.

santoshknc
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Ram Krishna,

See I created one QVF File with name "Test.QVF"and deployed under "General" Stream.

Now i want to re-use this File in my working environment, so can you now suggest how can i use the Binary Load ?

Where does this deployed QlikSense Applications gets stored ?

IS there a way we can configure manually define the path where the files can get stored like in QlikView Server environment?

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh Kumar.