Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hide objects from AJAX-client

Hello,

I have a couple of objects in my QlikView-application that I would only like to show to those select few that are accessing the application from Developer. Most users use the AJAX-client and I would prefer if they didn't see the objects in question.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to accomplish this? I'm not even sure where to start

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

If you are using QV 10, you can also use  ClientPlatform() which on Ajax will return something like browser. .... etc

(This function will not return anything when you use QV Desktop)

Regards,

Erich

View solution in original post

4 Replies
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Look around the 'qlikviewversion()' function and try to use it within a conditional show on each object you want to block.

I haven't tested this but I'm assuming this returns different values if you're via the C: client or via AJAX.

eg in you Conditional Show expression '=qlikviewversion()='10.00.9055.0409' - thats assuming all C: users are on the same install; if not you should be able to take use something like; =left(qlikviewversion(),2)='10'.

Obviously that hasn't been checked in the wild so to speak but should work with some tweaks.

The 'Access Method' is logged in the server log file so it may be possible to do directly but I haven't come across the function to return it.

Hope that helps,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

***ADDITION: I can confirm qlikviewversion() does return different values when accessed via AJAX / IE Plugin when compared to the C: Client.***

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your suggestions.

Unfortunately that doesn't help me much since both the AJAX-client and Developer report the same QlikView-version when I open the application in them respectively.

My low-tech solution right now is a textbox next to the objects in question that basically says "move along, nothing to see here"

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

If you are using QV 10, you can also use  ClientPlatform() which on Ajax will return something like browser. .... etc

(This function will not return anything when you use QV Desktop)

Regards,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Thanks! I am using QV10 so that looks like something I can actually use.

So that's the first part of my problem, identifying the client-type.

Now for the second part, actually hiding the objects. How do I do this? I have no idea what a "conditional show expression" is for example. I'm fairly new to QlikView.

Edit: Never mind. Found it.