Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why cant shared cloud users download ?

Although I can right click and export image,pdf or data from my personal cloud, I cannot do the same on the shared cloud ?

Why is this? I thought this was because of the free version I was using. Hence I upgraded to the cloud plus version and still the problem persists

Whats the point of sharing an app without the end user having a power to use it in excel which he is making or even in a CEO deck etc..

Is there something I am missing ? There is no point in sharing with the end user being able to download

PLEASE TELL ME I AM WRONG

17 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

If your question is now answered, please flag the Correct Answer (via the big "Correct Answer" button near every post) and Helpful Answers (found under the Actions menu under every post).

If not, please make clear what part of this topic you still need help with .

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Onno,

The question has been debated and answered, but a solution is not yet available. I will accept an answer it when Qlik says whether it will develop the solution asked(if yes, when) or they wont. Right now its ambiguous about the implementation

Thanks,

caio_caminoski
Creator
Creator

Hi there,

Do we have any news about this? Can we expect a change in this behavior in the near future?

I have been struggling with a very similar issue described by Vinol.

Thank you.

Caio

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Caio - let me see what shl‌ has to say.

re: Allowing shared users to download apps?

I believe they can do this with Qlik Sense Cloud business - but for the free version of Qlik Sense Cloud basic, for privacy, security and data safety reasons I assume - this option is not available.

Sarah?

Thanks

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
caio_caminoski
Creator
Creator

Hello Michael! Thank you for your answer.

Actually it was about exporting a table to an excel file. I have a list that is the result of a lot of data transformation and I would like that users could download it and use it for other purposes.

is it possible in sense cloud plus?

Thank you again.

Caio

kyle_smith_eni
Contributor II
Contributor II

Can someone confirm whether this is indeed possible in Sense Business?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Kyle - I just replied to this thread:

https://community.qlik.com/message/1327745?et=watches.email.thread#1327745

Perhaps we will get a reply from PM shortly.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
kyle_smith_eni
Contributor II
Contributor II

OK thanks, I'll keep a look out on that one.