cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Dimension Limitation issue

Hello,

I am struggling with getting the proper data to display within my bar chart. I want to display the bottom 10 product lines we have by revenue. When I add a limitation to the Dimension (Product Line), I cant seem to have it display the bottom 10. We have several product lines that come in at 0 at the present time due to data not being filled in.

So, when I limit by fixed number & bottom 10, I only get the 0's to display. When I then uncheck display zero values in the add on, data handling area, I get an error that says "The selections generated no data for this chart".

Please help me with this one - we have been trying to fix this for quite some time.

Thank you so much for your time.

My best,

Russ

27 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to supply some dummy raw data with the output you are looking to get?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

At this time, I do not think so...we are still trying to solve this without sampling.

Dimension is just:

[Product Line]

Revenue measure is:

sum(if(Year>2016 and [Financial View]='Budgeted',[Revenue (dollars)],if(Year<2017 and [Financial View]='Actual',[Revenue (dollars)],0)))

I attempted the formula you suggested last week, and I could not get it to change anything on the display when I replaced the measure expression.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

On a fixed number limitation with the bottom field selected,

In the expression field:

13 + Count({<[Revenue (dollars)]-={'0'}>}[Product Line])

worked on a general display.

When we filtered by business segment or anything though, this did not continue to work.

sunny_talwar

At this time, I do not think so...we are still trying to solve this without sampling.

For somebody who is trying to solve this for quite some time, I would have thought would have learned there lesson that some problems are difficult to address without having to take a look at a sample....

But if you still want to try a little more... I am good with that, I will wait for the time when you think it is appropriate to share a sample.

Also, look here

How to get answers to your post?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny,

I am exploring options before venturing down the sample route. This issue does not seem to be difficult to explain without supplying sample data, is there something you are not understanding from my issue posts?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Do you know the steps for supplying sample data in case that is an option we decide to take?

sunny_talwar

I understand the issue, but I just don't know how your data looks like, how are you connecting different fields and what are you getting more selection in business segment and what you are hoping to see after selection

sunny_talwar

For attaching something here

Uploading a Sample

If you need a place which can help you generate some mock-up data

Mockaroo - Random Data Generator | CSV / JSON / SQL / Excel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

ahhh ok,

I will explain here and lets see if we can shed some light.

So, I have a bar chart that with no limitation shows about 100 product lines total. about 20 of them have data filled in and are displaying, numbers  like 2,300, 3,400 etc...

Now these product lines are categorized under product units (and there is about 10 of these that all the different product lines belong to), then those product units are categorized under main business segments. (there are 4 main business segments)

The data is setup in the table by revenue (measure) and product line (dimension).

What we want to see is the bottom 10 product lines no matter what filter is applied. Right? So, if I sort by overall business segment, I would like to see bottom 10 product lines by revenue across all product units. if I sort by an individual product unit, bottom 10 or as many as there for that product unit.

We have filters for business segment, product unit, and year (I don't think this applies)

Let me know your thoughts...

Thanks,