cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Dimension Limitation issue

Hello,

I am struggling with getting the proper data to display within my bar chart. I want to display the bottom 10 product lines we have by revenue. When I add a limitation to the Dimension (Product Line), I cant seem to have it display the bottom 10. We have several product lines that come in at 0 at the present time due to data not being filled in.

So, when I limit by fixed number & bottom 10, I only get the 0's to display. When I then uncheck display zero values in the add on, data handling area, I get an error that says "The selections generated no data for this chart".

Please help me with this one - we have been trying to fix this for quite some time.

Thank you so much for your time.

My best,

Russ

27 Replies
sunny_talwar

What we want to see is the bottom 10 product lines no matter what filter is applied. Right? So, if I sort by overall business segment, I would like to see bottom 10 product lines by revenue across all product units.

So when a business segment is selected, you want to see the bottom 10 product lines within that business segment only?

This is the expression you are using today?

13 + Count({<[Revenue (dollars)]-={'0'}>}[Product Line])

What is the significance of 13 here?....

You issue is that once you select a business segment, everything goes away? But the above expression shouldn't do that... I mean I don't see a reason why it would give you problems when you select business segment.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So when a business segment is selected, you want to see the bottom 10 product lines within that business segment only?

-Yes, even if there are less than 10 product lines, we want to see the bottom x number

This is the expression you are using today?

13 + Count({<[Revenue (dollars)]-={'0'}>}[Product Line])

-Yes, the 13 is not significant - we just used a number until 10 displayed. for some reason we had to type 13 to display 10 on the bar chart....working on it this morning - typing 1 + .... now shows the 10 product lines

What is the significance of 13 here?....

There is no significance -> it just worked on the non-filtered view and showed to bottom 10 when we do not display zero values....

Yes, once we select a business segment, nothing is displayed and we get the  "The selections generated no data for this chart," even though we know there is data behind there

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

may we share a sample with you and not post to forum?

sunny_talwar

I have requested to follow you, once you allow me to follow you, you should be able to send me message. I can share my email over the private message....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Does my reply help with what we are looking to go after?

sunny_talwar

You did answer all the things, but its difficult to point out what might be going wrong...again things become easier when you see the issue...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

ok do you have any further thoughts on expressions or limitation we can try?

sunny_talwar

Unfortunately, I don't

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok so if we could write an expression in the measure to limit it to only display results that are great than 0, we could just set the dimension limitation to bottom -> 10 and this should work.

Can you write me an expression that limits the measure to only 10 results?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I got it! with a dimension expression.

Thank you so much Sunny!