cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Dimension Limitation issue

Hello,

I am struggling with getting the proper data to display within my bar chart. I want to display the bottom 10 product lines we have by revenue. When I add a limitation to the Dimension (Product Line), I cant seem to have it display the bottom 10. We have several product lines that come in at 0 at the present time due to data not being filled in.

So, when I limit by fixed number & bottom 10, I only get the 0's to display. When I then uncheck display zero values in the add on, data handling area, I get an error that says "The selections generated no data for this chart".

Please help me with this one - we have been trying to fix this for quite some time.

Thank you so much for your time.

My best,

Russ

27 Replies
sunny_talwar

That's great, I would request you to help us help you better in the future... and the only way we can do this is if you can provide us more details... you have been flooding community with the same post over and over again.... this is neither helping you nor us or the future visitors.... we both just wasted our time hoping we might get a solution here... while you got it on your own. If you continue to not provide enough information, you may not find anybody helping you in the future and this is not something you would want, right?

Hope you will understand where I am coming from

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny,

I understand where you are coming from, but I was also in a situation where I don't know how I could have provided more details?

How could I have provided more detail short of a sample? I was able to solve the issue with a basic aggr function that I found on another part of this community. I reposted to a different area of the community in an attempt to see others' input. You happen to respond to all my posts so we chatted about it.

What can I do next time that would be better?

sunny_talwar

I understand the confidentiality concerns and lock downs related to Excel files, but mocking up data and adding here is text is what might have been enough.... mocked up data or scrambled data would have not given me any information.... The more information you will give, the faster we will be able to help my friend

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I apologize for the repeat posts. Short of sending a sample is tough when it is hard to explain the situation. I will definitely keep my posts as detailed and concise as possible in the future.

Again, thank you for helping me through!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I absolutely agree and will do my best in the future to supply as much information as possible. I am learning a lot as a go since I am very new to this forum and the program. I highly appreciate your guidance on all of this....can we connect over the community? Or are we doing that via following each other?

sunny_talwar

Since we are connected we can send each other private messages. Also, you have my email. Although, I don't have access to my email at work... so it is better to reach out here or PM

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you again for all you do! I will stay in touch and appreciate you

lukasmo1207
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Would you mind actually sharing your resolution when actually saying you fixed it?

I think I have a similar problem. Please post your formula.

Thanks

Luke