Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wizardo
Creator III
Creator III

is there a recommended "disk block/sector size" for storing files

Hi,

Recently i was asked by a client's system administrator what is the recommended(if any) "block size or sector size" when formatting a hard drive to be used for storing Qlikview's QVW and QVD files.

i was never asked thios before and never even thought about it. i guess there is some merit to the question but i dont know the answer

i assume the larger the files the larger the block size should be, but that is just my guess.

i want to know if there is any recomandatin about it from qlik.

thanks for any answer

Daniel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Qlik doesn't access the storage directly else the used OS. Therefore I think there is not really a need to set this setting manually - just following the recommendation from the OS by the installation should be ok.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
russellperera
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Daniel,

Did you manage to find the answer to your question?  I am setting up a new system and would like to know the block sizes as well.  I can't seem to find anything on this in the docs.

Thanks

Russell

marcus_sommer

Qlik doesn't access the storage directly else the used OS. Therefore I think there is not really a need to set this setting manually - just following the recommendation from the OS by the installation should be ok.

- Marcus

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

@marcus_sommer  is right about this. Cheers!

Daniele - Senior Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.