Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Passing many variable results into table to provide final expression

Hi - First ever blog so any help appreciated

I have 3 variables created which enable a user to select a client name, project lead name and time scale which look up (match) and return additional data

After the user selects the client name, project lead name and timescale I have 3 separate straight tables that shows the names and their associated costs and also their delivery timing, example table outputs are:

Table 1

Bob $300

Table 2

Joe $450

Table 3

Time 15 Days

All I need to do is then create a textbox to add the two cost values together and multiply by number of days

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this?

(Only({<assignee_name = {'$(case_manager)'}>} [Weighted Costs]/220) + Only({<assignee_name = {'$(Assignee)'}>} [Weighted Costs]/220))/Avg({<custmonth = {'$(POI)'}>} compdays)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Is this for QlikView or Qlik Sense? Also, what is the issue that you are running into?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny

Qlikview

So the variable outputs that give me costs based on user selecting a name are

Table 1 ; if(case_manager=assignee_name,[Weighted Costs]/220)

Table 2 ;  if(Assignee=assignee_name,[Weighted Costs]/220)

Table 3; if(POI=custmonth,(avg(compdays))) ......POI is the date variable.

I tried just to place a sum function in textbox adding the 2 costs returned then multiply by days, all that gets returned is either 0 or -

sunny_talwar

May be this?

(Only({<assignee_name = {'$(case_manager)'}>} [Weighted Costs]/220) + Only({<assignee_name = {'$(Assignee)'}>} [Weighted Costs]/220))/Avg({<custmonth = {'$(POI)'}>} compdays)

Not applicable
Author

Spot on, many thanks Sunny, not come across the 'Only' function, more training required

sunny_talwar

You can check this out

How to use - Only()

Also, if you have got what you needed, I would suggest you to close this thread down by marking the correct and helpful responses.

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best,

Sunny