It doesn't matter whether you have a Publisher or not (in fact you always have a Publisher, but without a license the QMC doesn't let you configure the more advanced techniques), the QVPR is the same.
Many files in the QVPR folder will contain default values that will never be used or modified without a Publisher license (ex. PauseTask.xml) so you could try to make an inventory of all QVPR files that have been modified and copy those to your new machine. But don't forget to translate all hostnames lurking inside your xml files.
A possible strategy wherein you may copy too much but that's only to save time:
- Install QV on new server.
- Create directories and copy documents and related files from previous server to new one.
- Copy entire QVPR fileset to same location on new server.
- Edit hostnames in a few xml files (see the other discussion)
- Start QV services
- (Re)configure your new server in QMC and check whether the reload tasks are OK.