Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I remove specific tabs in excel report

I have a report I am creating that gives a summary overview of profit and loss for my company. what i am trying to do is have 1 tab be the overall summary but the other tabs break down the summary by business unit. there are 2 business units I don't want tabs for. I tried to create a filter for those 2 units, but it also took the information out of the main summary report on the first tab. what can I do to be able to just get rid of those tabs only?

10 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Try to remove that page from your nprinting excel

for more check this article

How to Use the Page Feature in Excel and PowerPoint Report Templates

NPrinting Features for Creating Excel Reports

Not applicable
Author

That does not help, I don't want to remove the sheet entirely, just 2 of the iterations of that sheet, specifically the intercompany and staff outputs. the other outputs I want to be visible

Not applicable
Author

to better clarify, right now I have a spreadsheet that has tabs like this

and all I am wanting to do is to remove the staff and intercompany tabs, which are values in the BUS_UNIT field I am using to create this spreadsheet

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Try to create Nprint filter for your business unit to exclude those two values from spread sheet

create filter for Business Unit  and select these two values (intercompany and staff outputs) then enable check box for select excluded.

Capture.JPG

Not applicable
Author

I did try to create a filter originally, however, when I put in the values, it filtered it in all pages, including the overall summary page, and we want to keep those values in the overall summary sheet, and then just exclude them from being split out into their own tab.

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

If it's fixed those values, try to filter at qlikview side using set analysis. duplicate sheets object for each business unit and overall tab in qlikview then u can call each chart object into qlikview nrpinting excel report.

thanks

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

can you share your mock data and working file. will check and help you accordingly. tks

Not applicable
Author

I appreciate it, however the data I have is live, so I cannot post it, I will just keep looking at it and see if I can come up with something

Not applicable
Author

Would a macro be able to do it, or is there another feature of NPrinting that might do it?