Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I remove specific tabs in excel report

I have a report I am creating that gives a summary overview of profit and loss for my company. what i am trying to do is have 1 tab be the overall summary but the other tabs break down the summary by business unit. there are 2 business units I don't want tabs for. I tried to create a filter for those 2 units, but it also took the information out of the main summary report on the first tab. what can I do to be able to just get rid of those tabs only?

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If no filters need to be applied for the business unit field to the first sheet for ANY recipient, then the solution is to apply chart specific filters which will "override selections" to all of the charts on the first sheet.

Steps:

1. Build filter which includes all the business units and select "clear selections" if it's NPrinting 16.x and "override values" if it's NPrinting 17.x
    How to Apply a Specific Filter to Tables or Images
  2. Open the template and apply the "all business units" filter to all objects on the first sheet
  3. Apply the Page feature to the second sheet using the business unit field
  4. Create a filter which filters out the business units for which you don't want worksheets to be generated and apply it to the report.

When you run the report, the business units filter should be applied to sheets 2 - N and therefore suppress the business units you don't want to see.

That filter won't be applied to the objects on the first sheet as they have the "all business units" filter applied.

HTH

Aran