Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to connect qlik sence with odbc connector

Hi All,

I am using qlik sence june 2017 version im trying connect through ODBC connector its throughout error but if im trying connect with same same odbc with qlik view iam able to get data. for your reference i have attached screen shot below, I am trying find out error but unable to find out please suggest me any one knows about it

qli sence odbc error.pngqlikview odbc succed.png

3 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This will be due to the user being used to make the connection.

With QlikView it will be using the user account that you are logged onto the machine with.  With Qlik Sense it will be the user that the service account is running as.

Either grant your service account rights to the database, or user a saved username and password in the machine ODBC connection.

Hope that helps.

Steve

Suraj_Lal
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Srini,

I see you using  here User DSN, Can you please use the SYSTEM DSN  and test the same.

Thanks,

Suraj

Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the quick reply, in current company we are using sybase database earlier we use connect with odbc with user dsn it is working fine with same userid & password i have checked in db level having permissions for all table even though it throws out with error message as invalid user and password even im trying to create system dsn im failing to create system dsn connection