Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Share the Mashup html file to others who doesnt have qlik sense desktop

Dear All,

I have created a dashboard in qlik sense desktop and then created a mashup .html and embedded the .qvf into iframe. it is working fine for me if open the html file in browser.

Now, i want to send this work to my customer to just verify. I shared the complete folder to my customer, for them the html file is opening but they are not able to see the dashboard...

Note: i have changed the iframe source as local folder.

Can you please let me know , is there anything i am doing wrong?

Thanks

Thiru

6 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Did you also send him the .qvf and did he put it in exactly the same (relative?) path location as you used in your mashup?

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

Dear Omno Van,

Yes, i send complete folder called Sense: Apps ( inside .qvf is there) and Extension( inside html, css, js files is there).

The problem is i am using iFrame and by default in my development machine it takes the http://localhost.......

But, for my customer the iframe is not working ( even i changed to local path where the .qvf saved)

For ex: iframe src=file://c:\Lanch\XYYYY.qvf

Regards

Thiru

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Pretty sure that it is invalid to use a qvf file as the source of an iframe.  I have only ever used it using a url as the source.

Can the customer crank up the qvf in QlikSense Desktop and then use http://localhost as you do?

Not applicable
Author

Dear Bill,

The problem is customer doesn't have any applications installed in the machine though there wont be QS desktop installed.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The customer will need to have Qlik Sense installed and running, otherwise it will not work.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Even though you mentioned that in the subject line I apparently overlooked it:

Have him/her install Qlik Sense Desktop.

Without that, the mashup will not work.

May you live in interesting times!