Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chamarthiprathy
Contributor III
Contributor III

Question on Qliksense server deployment

Hi,

I am going to install ( synchronized persistence)  qliksense multi node ( three nodes total )server. One will be Central and remaining two are Rim nodes. On central node there will be all seven services are installed.  Can you please let me know what other services are need to be installed to be ideal/balanced setup on remaining two rim nodes

Thanks in advance

Can any one please give some insights

Regards

Rajesh

6 Replies
annatrn1
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Rajesh!

Why are you installing the synchronized persistance model? The newest QlikSense release (June2017) can be installed with shared persistence only. So if you ever want to upgrade to a newer QlikSense version you will have to switch to shared persistence anyway.

When installing QlikSense in shared persistence you can choose the node purpose after the installation. The setup of your site will strongly depend on your individual requirements.

You can find some example deployment scenarios on help.qlik.com:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2017/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Deploymen...

chamarthiprathy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Anna,

Thanks for the information. I could see sync persistence option in latest installation setup file. I think it is not removed.

Is proxy service on central node could handle load or do i need to install on all three nodes.

Thanks

Rajesh

kenphamvn
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Rajesh!

Which version you installed?  Qlik Sense June 2017 only supports the shared persistence model. It does not support the synchronized persistence model.

Qlik Sense upgrades and updates ‒ Qlik Sense

Is proxy service on central node could handle load or do i need to install on all three nodes.

Yes, you can do everything .

chamarthiprathy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi

What does it mean "You can do everything", do you have an idea or you just replied

kenphamvn
Creator III
Creator III

i mean  just install proxy on central node,you no not need install proxy on all nodes,  when you access proxy from central node you can handle all nodes

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want a load balanced environment then you should install the proxy services on more than one node.

Pranav