Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Implementing be Kind of functionality

Hi,

Have a Vb application which is displaying a grid with some rows.

When I double click on the Grid I have a new form popping up based on the column values on which I clicked

Now I need to implement the same kind of functionality in Qlik View.May be I will be having a table or a pivot table here.

Is this Possible??Do let me know..

Regards

Navin Gorapalli

4 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

It's kind of possible with some macros.

Please, check the attachment, where I identified the chart and selection to move to another sheet.

In your case, you will need the popup action...

Regards,

Erich

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

If you go for the QV popup, you can use this post as a reference:

http://community.qlik.com/message/119292#119292

You can reproduce a popup using text objects and variables. Then, you can use this:

http://community.qlik.com/message/128395#128395

Regards,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Hi Eric,

Now,I am really doubting whether I can acheive this or not.

I have not only to capture the field that has been clicked but also the other field values present

in the same row.(like if any field in the table is clicked it should mean that the entire row should be seleceted forcefully).

Coz when I open a sheet then the table present in this new sheet should have values only of that row.

Please let me know if any part of this is not clear.

Regards

Navin Gorapalli

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

After you move to the selected sheet, you can use getfieldselection ( FieldName) to get the selection in the field called 'FieldName'.

If you need the values of the expressions, you just need to repeat those expression where you need.

Maybe it would be good for you to lock selection (using actions) after you leave the first sheet, so user selection to open move to the sheet would be preserved.

I'm not sure if this answer your question completely. Maybe if you send some sample application we can give you more details.

Hope this helps for now,

Erich