Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grouping all Connections under one APP

What is the impact of group multiple or even all connections under one App in Nprinting 17/June?

7 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

If you want to create reports and publish tasks with data from multiple connections, they need to be associated together under the same NPrinting app.

For example, if I wanted to create an Excel report with data from both a QVW and Qlik Sense app, I'd need each of those connections in the same NPrinting app. This extends to tasks, filters, conditions, etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Stephen,

I guess I'm interested to know the impact of group large numbers of reports under the same app?

Also, what's to stop me creating one app with all my connections and reports within it? What would be the impact?

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Bump*

Any ideas from you dear, intelligent people?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Nothing. You can create a single app with all connections you need to create your reports.

Note that entities like connections, reports, tasks etc are not shared among different apps. So if you create, for example, two apps, that need to use data from the same Qlik Sense app you must to create a connection for each NPrinting app.

Dividing your reporting system into different apps is a matter of logical division. For example you could to keep all marketing reports in an app and all sales report in another.

Note that you can define user rights to access apps, not tasks or report. If a NewStand user has rights to see reports of an app he will be able to see all reports. You cannot define access rights at report level. So creating different NPrinting app lets you to better define access rights. http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2017/Content/Security/ManageSecurity/Security-management.ht...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ruggero!

Can having multiple connections in an app reduce efficiency?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

No, multiple connections do not reduce efficiency.

There are some optimizations on the code to obtain this.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

how about recipient filters? how they will behave.

I cannot confirm now, but remember issue that i had to create second app and second connetion (within seccond app) in order to have 2 multiple independent filters linked to one recipients:

For example:

• Recipient Lech
    • using filter A in Report A
    • using filter B in Report B etc..

To achieve this i had to create

• App A
    • Connection A (Filter A belongs to Connection A under App A) and does not interfere with Filter B
  • App B
    • Connection B (Filter B belongs to Connection B under App B) and does not interfere with Filter A

When Importing Users from XLS i  am linking User to Filter A and Filter B and creating 2 filters relating to 2 apps and 2 connections. If this can be simplified it would be awesome!

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.