Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chamarthiprathy
Contributor III
Contributor III

what parameters should i give while installing qlik sense shared persistence

I will be installing qliksense shared persistence with multi node deployment. After proceeding few steps, it is asking for database host name, port,user and password while installing. Does it not automatically create database while installing. Please suggest on what parameters need to be given

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rajesh

4 Replies
Vincenzo_Esposito

You can leave the default option which install the embedded database or provide an external database access.

For a single node installation you can leave the default options. If you need to install at least one RIM node you need to configure the Postgres listener (by default liste. Only on local host)

chamarthiprathy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am going to install multi node qliksense shared persistence server. Do i need to install and configure Postgre SQL database before installation of qliksense server. Could you please share if you have installation guide for multi node sense deployment

Rajesh

Vincenzo_Esposito

You do not need to install Postgres SQL before the Qlik Sense installation. Postgres will be installed by the Qlik Sense installation process.

For the multi node installation follow this guide step by step. Should be enought to install and configure the multi node environment.

Installing Qlik Sense in a multi-node site ‒ Qlik Sense

barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

You can install a version of postgre on a dedicated server if you want and the installation documentation describes this process. However as stated by other the default setting will mean the Qlik install will install the DB by default on the central node as part of the installation.