Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Export as .txt in Qliksense

I have a short question. How can I export to .txt or any other notepad format in Qliksense. Everytime I export it does this directly to XLS and I usually have results more than 2 million rows hence it is truncated. Don¨t ask why I need millions of rows in my results. I am working in a finance Project and details is important. The source files have more than 15 million rows.

Regards

Peter

3 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

If you need so much data, I doubt exporting from a sheet is the way to go.

Since you are talking about a "finance export", that will likely always been the same conditions. In that case you can probably better ask your developer to create a CSV during script execution (by using a STORE and telling Qlik to make it a txt instead of a qvd).

May you live in interesting times!
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Vizlib Table (http://www.vizlib.com/) offers a couple of interesting exporting options, including the ability to export dynamic labels.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks so much for the prompt response. The problem is i need to manipulate the data dynamically. These are many rows. Doing the calculations in Script is cumbersome and unreliable since there is no way to cross check the result. Another issue is, sometimes I am using numerous filters to arrive at results and these will not be easy to implement in script.