Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmorri1988
Creator
Creator

Complex set analysis question please....

Hi there,

I select several ID's and return 2 ID's for each ID selected, where Type and Class value match the selected ID.

The below example shows the selection of ID's 1 and 4 to return:

ID's 2 and 3 (first two records with same possible values for Type and Class as ID 1

ID's 5 and 6 (first two records same possible values for Type and Class as ID 4

Data
IDTypeClassSales
11A10
21A10
31A10
42C20
52C30
62C10
72C21
83D34
93D21
104D10
Resulting Table
IDTypeClassSales
21A10
31A10
52C30
62C10

I do this with,

If(Only({1<ID = p({<Type = p(Type), Class = p(Class), ID = e(ID)>})>}

Aggr(Rank(Only({1<ID = p({<Type = p(Type), Class = p(Class), ID = e(ID)>})>}-ID)), Type, Class, ID)) < 3,

Sum({1<ID = p({<Type = p(Type), Class = p(Class), ID = e(ID)>})>}[Sales]))

I would like to display the selected ID relevant to the result, such as...

ID

TypeClassSalesSelected ID
21A101
31A101
52C304
62C10  4

Please can anyone offer some advice on the correct set analysis expression to use?

I have also attached a small test Qlik Sense QVF.

Thanks!!

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

Check my response here:

Complex set analysis question please....

If(Only({1<ID = p({<Type = p(Type), Class = p(Class), ID = e(ID)>})>}Aggr(Rank(Only({1<ID = p({<Type = p(Type), Class = p(Class), ID = e(ID)>})>}-ID)), Type, Class, ID)) < 3,

Only(TOTAL <Type, Class> ID))

cmorri1988
Creator
Creator
Author

awesome!!!!!

cmorri1988
Creator
Creator
Author

Seems to work for one ID selection, but not for more than 1.

Thanks

sunny_talwar

Did you look at the screenshot here

Capture.PNG

cmorri1988
Creator
Creator
Author

Apologies, yes I can see that now, and works perfectly.

When I migrate into my application, I get no results for more than one selection, but I am using dynamic sets and aggregations.

I understand this surpasses the remit of this question which you have correctly answered, but have attached the application should you wish to take a look.

The user selects from the '* Match' filters to dynamically change the set analysis between p(field) and {'*'}

This also then dynamically changes the aggregation, where if {'*'}, this is removed from the aggregation field string.

Thanks again

cmorri1988
Creator
Creator
Author

QVF with dynamic sets / aggregation.

Thanks

sunny_talwar

Try this

=If(Only({1<ID = p({<Genre =  ($(=$(vBISACMatch))), [Sub Genre] = ($(=$(vBISAC2Match))),

Literal3 = ($(=$(vBISAC3Match))),Format = ($(=$(vFormatMatch))),Audience = ($(=$(vAudienceMatch))),

[Audience Category] = ($(=$(vAudienceCategoryMatch))),[Series Flag] = ($(=$(vSeriesFlagMatch))),

ID = e(ID)>})>}Aggr(Rank(Only({1<ID = p({<Genre =  ($(=$(vBISACMatch))), [Sub Genre] = ($(=$(vBISAC2Match))),

Literal3 = ($(=$(vBISAC3Match))),Format = ($(=$(vFormatMatch))),Audience = ($(=$(vAudienceMatch))),

[Audience Category] = ($(=$(vAudienceCategoryMatch))),[Series Flag] = ($(=$(vSeriesFlagMatch))),

ID = e(ID)>})>}-ID)), $(vAggr))) <= $(vResults),

Only(TOTAL <Type, Class> ID))

cmorri1988
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks,

This seems to work ok, until you select two ID's with the same

Genre,

Sub Genre,

Literal3,

Audience,

Audience Category,

Format,

Series Flag,

Type,

Class

I have tried incorporating BTKEY / ISBN into the expression, but this doesn't seem to resolve the above issue...

=If(Only({1<ID = p({<Genre =  ($(=$(vBISACMatch))), [Sub Genre] = ($(=$(vBISAC2Match))),

ID = e(ID)>})>}Aggr(Rank(Only({1<ID = p({<Genre =  ($(=$(vBISACMatch))), [Sub Genre] = ($(=$(vBISAC2Match))),

ID = e(ID)>})>}-ID)), $(vAggr))) <= $(vResults),

Only(TOTAL <Type, Class, BTKEY, ISBN> ID))

Thanks AgainTEST.PNG

sunny_talwar

You want same id based on Type and Class... where did these other fields came in from? I am not sure what your final goal is? Do you mind the overall goal?