Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Clustering

Hi ,

clustering and Single sign on can be done only with IIS as the web server or the same can be done with In built webserver.  In the document it has been given as IIS server .

5 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

I don't think it makes a difference whether you use IIS o the QVWS

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your response daniel. We are able to sucessfully configure the Clustering using the in built webserver and it is working fine.

But i have another Query . How we can check the QVW file opened via which server in clustering?

Scenario 1:

1. Consider i dont have the clustering license but i have two server license and one publisher license.

2. I will install the publisher and server in machine A. So that the reloading part will take place in this server and reloaded files will be saved in the same Machine.

3. In machine B i will install only the Qlikview server and the documents will be taken from machine A by pointing to the shared drive.

4. I will have two accesspoints . One for Machine A and other for Machine B.Eventhough i was not having the clustering server license. This setup is not acutal cluser but a kind of high avilability.

Scenario 2:

As mentioned above with one change i am using the cluster license. But again i am using two accesspoints so how does Accesspoint will react or understand if choose the load balancing strategy in the QMC.Will it have the effect of load balancing or we have to use the network load balancer only to acheive load balancing

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

I'm not sure I understand your question.

Scenario1, If you have two servers without having them clustered then the application is being open in the server you're accessing. Beware that this option will require twice the licenses than having a cluster in place.

Scenario2, You'll need a load balancing router to balance load between both access points, after that the APs will apply the selected balance strategy between both qlikview servers.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your response

Is there any way to check scenario 2. How the load balancing stragey works....

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Sure you can test it, pick a strategy and test that one. Check the server reference PDF for a detail explanation on the strategies.