Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abhinayranjan11
Contributor III
Contributor III

Null handling in front end for multiple expression and single dimension

Hello All,

I am facing an issue in front end the users need that null for trip id 305 and 317 should be suppressed but since null is there for trip id 301 its k for this as boxes are not there for all location but if boxes gets empty in between the location before 6 its throwing null.Users don't need these nulls trip id can be anything.Pivot location wise weight variation of boxes.I am attaching the application here if anyone have opinion please comment and solve .Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abhinayranjan11
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

yes that should come 0

View solution in original post

8 Replies
sunny_talwar

You are looking for something like this?

Capture.PNG

Use this as your calculated dimension for Box and make sure to select 'Suppress When Value Is Null' on the dimension tab for Box dimension

=If(Len(Trim(ItemName)) > 0, ItemName,

If(Aggr(Count(TOTAL <TripID, VName, Time_Stamp> ItemName), TripID, VName, Time_Stamp, ItemName) = 0, Dual('-', 1)))

abhinayranjan11
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

rfimage.PNG

only for these two in this app not for all means not for trip id 301

sunny_talwar

only for these two in this app not for all means not for trip id 301

huh?? Sorry, but I have no idea what you mean...

abhinayranjan11
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I mean to say null should be suppressed for trip id 305 and 317 but the expected weight  and actual weight for these two trip id i.e Expected weight_loc3 and Actual Weight the 0 should not suppress , Expected weight_loc6 and Actual Weight the 0 should not suppress.on suppressing null by using dimension as expression u hv mentioned the ExpectedWeight_Loc3 ,ExpectedWeight_Loc6 the 0 should show on these location.As the empty truck move to these location so itemname(box) should come 0 for this in a single line.

sunny_talwar

I have no idea what you are looking to get... can you show me the expected output in an Excel file?

abhinayranjan11
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Rfoutput.PNG

sunny_talwar

So you want to see 0 in these two locations?

Capture.PNG

Is that the issue?

abhinayranjan11
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

yes that should come 0