Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data reduction/omit combination?

I have a table of data, with one sensitive column ,where some users must not see those values where their department does not match, but i do NOT want the entire row hidden.

For example

Employee A works in Finance

Employee B works in HR

My table consist of 4 columns.

ClientName, EmailAddress, Department, SensitiveNotes

where Department is either HR or Finance

Therefore I need both employees to ALWAYS to be able to see the data in the first 3 columns. BUT i only want them to be able to see SensitiveNotes where their departments match.

It seems the OMIT function removes the entire column from view, which is not what I want.

Using a Reduction field removes the entire row from view, which again is not what I want.

So i sort of need a combination of these two functions.

Please help!

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I assume in your DB where SensitiveNotes are, the employees Department is also present. This means, when you set a trigger on opening a document, you can achieve what you want. Yust create a table that is connected to the others, where you store Department, EmployeeID (or the key you use to identify users) and SensitiveNotes. Put a trigger on opening document with EmployeeId. With the associated table they will see information regarding their department.

Hope it helped!

Best,

T

Not applicable
Author

Yes the employees department is also present.

What exactly do you mean by 'Put a trigger on opening document'? I can't see any trigger actions which hide values.

cts_shin
Contributor
Contributor

As I have a similar requirement now, I will share what I have done.

At first, I thought I would create separate fields for SensitiveNotes in the load script,

such as HR_SensitiveNotes and Finance_SensitiveNotes.

Then use OMIT against these two fields.

However, the solution below from Tobias Klett looks smarter.

Section Access: Combining Field Reduction and OMIT

Kind regards,

Shinya