Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Has anyone seen the help page for the CONNECT statement?

In QlikView 11.20 there used to be a separate help page detailing the syntax and intricacies of three formats of the CONNECT statement. The on-line version of QlikView help seems to have forgotten all about this statement, aside from a few non-URL mentions.

The DISCONNECT statement in all its simplicity on the other hand seems worthy enough of a separate page. Modifying the URL for DISCONNECT into one for CONNECT gets me a Page-not-found error.

Has the CONNECT statement become undocumented? Anyone knows the reason for this? Or have I been looking in the wrong place?

Thanks,

Peter

4 Replies
atoz1158
Creator II
Creator II

Peter

The only place I seem to be able find something is here

Script regular statements ‒ QlikView

And even that small entry is not in the 12.10 help system at all

Regards

Adrian

sunny_talwar

Def. missing

Capture.PNG

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III
Author

Funny that for some information you have to visit the help pages of an old QlikView version. It looks like the CONNECT statement has been deprecated, doesn't it?

BTW did you ever try to run the LIB CONNECT TO variant in QV 12.xx? I know it works in Sense. The Help page would make you believe it works in QlikView too.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III
Author

Qlik Support just confirmed that LIB CONNECT was missing because there was a problem in v12.10. Together with the CONNECT statement help, it will be back after the next documentation update later this summer (probably for QV12.20SR6).

Peter